Thursday, October 9, 2008

We Hide in the Night and My Understanding: A Partial List, by Amanda Deutch

After On the Multiplicitous Poetries of Lee Ann Brown


We Hide in The Night


We hide in the night
opening doorways hypnotic
wearing Times Square
& the ring of tenderness
cities,
erotic and epic
irreverent and minute
crushed and transparent,
but here



My Understanding: A Partial List

shiprecked,
we hide the night
wearing the ring of tenderness
befallen on observed cities-
erotic and epic
irreverent and minute
crushed and transparent,
but here

of course Sappho
of course garage punk
of course Frank O’hara
of course punk neon kids

I say of course
because I do.

careful separation of parts
demonstrate another
understanding.
My understanding
is performed
by a skyscraper acrobat
in Times Square
of the twelve palms.

No comments: