Monday, November 5, 2007

New: TWO SCENES by AMANDA DEUTCH

Scenes 15 & 44 from Amour/Mort/More

Scene 15

Stairs and contrary stairs
stares and dangerous stares
myriad of crumpled notes
I try to read them
Do I try too hard?

_______________________________

We didn’t prepare me
for perfume and metal
and everything is
perfume
. . . metal
. . . . . . . . .here


Scene 44
(I, alone)

Can I escape. make a clean getaway
shimmy up. drain pipe.
hoist. my body.
over the stone wall.
to another side.

or will I get caught. up in. the trap of images.


Go on your way evening boulevard.

lacerer
maroufler
lacerées marouflées

beat it
dust
do it again
make air

call my bluff

mister monsieur detective
you

1 comment:

Jennifer K Dick said...

Love these, Amanda! Great scene/seens of life here in Paris in your imagined world of this here you here in the hearing realms of this place you are soon, sadly, to be departing from.... JD